"Filter mass for the removal of phosphates
• Phosphate in excess of 0.25 mg/l in freshwater, or 0.1 mg/l in saltwater, will give rise to algae-induced problems.
• 340 g of the products permanently absorbs 18,000 mg phosphates.
• Comprised of an insoluble iron compound which releases no toxins into the water.
• Effect measurable after only 24 hours.
• For fresh- and saltwater aquariums.
Together with nitrates, phosphates are the main nutrients for algae. Excess phosphate levels therefore encourage the growth of unwanted algae. The main source of phosphates are fish food and unsuitable aquarium products containing too much phosphate. JBL fish food is low in phosphate and only contains the minimum amount of phosphate which fish require to build a healthy bone structure.
Measures to eliminate phosphates from the freshwater aquarium:
1. Regular partial changes of water (1/3 every 2 weeks).
2. Prepare the water with JBL Biotopol.
3. Remove dead plant material to prevent the release of absorbed phosphates.
4. Add JBL PhosEX to the filter. This highly effective filter material reliably removes even large quantities of phosphates.
5. JBL ClearMec plus may be used in the filter for small amounts of phosphate. This filter material removes nitrite and nitrate as well as phosphate.
6. Increase the number of plants. The more plants, the more phosphate is absorbed. Fast-growing plants absorb more phosphate than slowly-growing ones, of course.
Measures to eliminate phosphates from the saltwater aquarium:
1. Regular partial changes of water (1/4 monthly).
2. Prepare water with JBL Biotopol.
3. Add JBL PhosEX to the filter. This highly effective filter material reliably removes even large quantities of phosphates.
4. Adding macroalgae reduces the phosphate content.
5. Do not remove too much algae at one time, as the cells of algae are ripped open when the algae is removed and the substances absorbed, such as phosphates, seep back into the water!
- Marine Fish
- Marine Inverts
- Marine Rock
- Freshwater Plants
- Freshwater Fish
- Cold Water Fish
- Freshwater Inverts
- Filter Media
- Marine Supplements / Dosing
- CO2 / Planting Equipment
- Aquarium Decor / Ornaments
- Cleaning Tools
- Water Testing
- Woods & Stone
- Heating & Cooling
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- RO Units / Auto Top-Up
- Computer Systems
- Substrates & Gravels
- Wave Makers & Pumps
- Books, Magazines & DVDs
- Water Care
- Aquarium Backgrounds
- Marine Salt
- Spare Parts
Search by Collections
Desktops and Starter
From the creation of a project visual to the installation and aftercare, we provide a bespoke service.