pH- / KH- increaser
• Reliably increases pH and KH.
• 10 ml for 40 l water increase the CH by about 1 ° GKH.
• JBL CalciuMarin should be used to increase KH and calcium in seawater.
JBL pH-Plus Mode of action:
In freshwater: natural pH-increase by increasing the carbonate hardness (KH). In excessively soft water the carbonate hardness may be raised to any desired level by adding multiple doses. Especially recommended, when keeping lake Malawi cichlids.
In saltwater: adjusting the caronate hardness to 10-12°d, the value of natural saltwater, and therefore adjusting the required pH-value to 8,3-8,
The pH-level indicates the acidity of the water. The higher the pH-level, the less acid is in the water, the proportion of alkali is higher (the opposite of acids). The lower the pH-level, the more acid the water contains. In aquariums and ponds the following levels are desirable.
Community aquariums: pH: 6,5 - 7,5
Ponds: pH: 6,5-7,5
Lake Malawi and Tanganyika aquariums: pH: 7,5-8,5
Saltwater (marine) aquariums: pH: If the pH-level is above the levels given, it should be gradually reduced. Before the pH-level is reduced, the pH-stability of the water must be checked! In order to do this, the carbonate hardness should be measured. In freshwater it should be between 4° and 10° German carbonate hardness (GCH) and in saltwater between 7° and 12° GCH. If the CH is below the levels mentioned, the pH-level is not stabilised and any alteration in the pH-level may lead to a sudden plunge in the CH! Instructions on how to adjust CH levels are given in the CH test.
The pH-level in the freshwater aquarium can be reduced by:
1. The addition of JBL pH-Minus (pH-reducer)
2. The addition of CO2 (JBL Proflora CO2-System)
3. Filtering through JBL Tormec (black turf granulate)
The pH-level in the garden pond can be reduced by:
1. The addition of JBL Acilon (pH-reducer)
2. Filtering through JBL HumoPond (black turf granulate)
The pH-level in the saltwater aquarium can be reduced by:
1. The monitored addition of CO2 (JBL Proflora CO2-System Profi