Ready-to-use long-term nutrient substrate mixture for new aquariums
• Does not require mixing with gravel.
• Contains all essential nutrients such as iron, minerals and trace elements.
• Clay pellets act as a nutrient store, absorbing excess nutrients and releasing them again as required.
• Does not contain the algae nutrients phosphate and nitrate.
• Effective for minimum 3 years.
JBL AquaBasis plus contains the full range of vital nutrients as well as iron and trace elements which aquarium plants need for healthy and strong growth. These nutrients are provided in depot form and are fully accessible and available to the root of the plants. JBL AquaBasis plus promotes rapid rooting and results in healthy and strong root development.
The contents of the bag are sufficient for setting up a 100 litre aquarium (approx. 80 x 35 x 40 cm). Use more for larger aquariums. Spread AquaBasis plus in an even layer of about 2 cm thickness at the bottom of the aquarium (contents sufficient for approx. 100 l). Place a 4 cm layer of washed gravel with a grain size of 2-3 mm on top. Do not use any larger sized gravel! When filling the tank with water use a flat plate, a panel of glass or another flat object held under the water jet to prevent the gravel from chuming up and clouding the water. The aquarium can now be stocked with plants.
Our recommendation as ideal supplement for AquaBasis plus and for specially healthy and lush growth of your plants
• Add JBL Ferropol or Ferrotabs at regular intervals to your aquarium water to supply your plants with iron and trace elements through the leaves.
• Fertilise the plants with CO2 and adjust pH around the ideal value of 7 with the JBL PROFLORA CO2 System
Very Happy With This, 3rd Jan 2015
Reviewer: Jason Doyle
I bought this with the intention of doing a high-tec planted tank. its very reasonably priced for the amount you get. There is also no Ammonia spike that you can get with other planted substrates which was perfect in my case. All my plants are thriving especially my crypts and swords. Do make sure to put a decent cap on it though to stop it making the water cloudy.